Midtown Dentistry™ was started on November 1999 by Dr. Jonathan Penchas. After working as a professor at the Houston Dental School and in his office in Bellaire, Dr. Penchas wanted to establish an office that played against the usual stereotypes of drab, boring “doc in a box” offices that smelled funny. The name Midtown Dentistry™ was chosen because of the location. It sounded good ( in fact it has been copied by several neighboring dentists – Imitation is flattery !!!)
By 2003, Midtown Dentistry had become a group dental practice with Two dentists and the office was expanded to add more dental chairs. Another expansion is planned for 2015. Today, there are Three dentists. The office is open five days a week. Offering everything you need in one place with a perfect schedule for working professionals, Midtown Dentistry™ offers quality, value, and convenience that is hard to beat.
Why Choose Us?
We are open five days a week with early morning and late evening hours as well as most holidays. Same day emergency service is only a phone call away. Much of our staff is bilingual. more info
your PPO insurance coverage will work with us. We will seamlessly send your insurance all the information to reimburse you. Cash discounts and financing are available as well. more info
We stand behind all the work we do. Ask us about our no-questions-asked five year guarantee for crowns, fillings, and other dental work
Secure Digital Records
All of our patient records, including x-rays, are stored electronically. If for any reason you need your records sent to another office we are happy to provide them free of charge.
Specialist on Staff
Almost all dental procedures can be performed at our one convenient location. Dr. Penchas is a Prosthodontist- a Specialist. If special needs exist, we will work with the best experts to get the results you deserve more info
Our location is very convenient to downtown and many Houston neighborhoods. Parking is free and attached to our building. public transportation is readily accessible. more info
- Midtown Dentistry has consistently exceeded my expectations for dental care on every visit. When I first starting using Midtown a few months ago, Christina & Denise where first two people I met. - Adrian.
- Best Dentist in Houston Dr. Penchas is by far the best dentist I have ever had and at 29 that is saying something! His office staff is wonderful and always very professional. Midtown Dentistry is a place you can feel relaxed and comfortable….give them a try you won’t regret it! - Josh Lively.
- On Christmas Day last year I had a toothache and the day after I was calling all over Houston for a place to see me. Midtown was the only place that worked me into their schedule so that I could get some relief from pain and stress.- A Google User.
- I read reviews online regularly and often I question just how true those reviews are. But if you are reading this review take note this dentist is, simply put, awesome. If you go anywhere else, you are making a mistake.- GC.
- Honestly Dr. Penchas and all of the staff at Midtown provided me with the best dental experience I’ve ever had from cleanings to scheduling my appointments to consultations it is always a pleasure to come here – now how many dental offices can you really say that about. And well Laon (i just love her) ! - Juan.
- Everyone at Midtown Dentistry does an excellent job of making you feel comfortable, welcome, and at ease. The people that work their are very friendly and nice, making the trip that much more pleasant. I went in for a routine teeth cleaning and it was done quickly and efficiently. I was given helpful tips on how to improve my daily routine and I left with all my questions answered and feeling like I had been given great service.- emar1216.
- Dr. Penchas and his staff treat you like family. They have gone above and beyond in treating our special needs teen-aged son. Doing dental work on our son is difficult because he has a real hard time sitting still and has oral motor issues that makes him try to bite down on the instruments. - cypressbob.
- I have been a patient of Dr. Penchas for four years. I have been very pleased with him. He is very honest and attempts to choose the more reasonable alternative. Loan knows her stuff and is very personable. Ray is down to earth and is an awesome dental assistant. I love talking to him whenever as a bunch of stuff isn’t in my mouth.- reallycooldudette.
- Probably the best dentist I have ever been to. Everybody is friendly and did a great job. They even explained all the insurance stuff. The only downside I can see is that it would probably be pretty pricey if you didn’t have insurance (worth it though). This is as good as it gets! - James.
- For having to go to the dentist, everyone in the office makes it a very pleasant experience! Loan is very gentle and knowledgable making it a pleasure to get your teeth cleaned. Thank you! - Barbara.