Tips for After a Root Canal Procedure
Here are tips from your Houston dentist on how to look after your root canal:
- Do not or drink anything for 30 minutes after getting a root canal.
- Try not to play with the tooth with your tongue for the first 60 minutes after getting a root canal.
- You may feel minor discomfort in the tissues surrounding the tooth for two to three days after getting a root canal. If necessary, take ibuprofen or acetaminophen to help with the pain.
- Take all medications as instructed — if you were prescribed any.
- Yes, it is fine to brush and floss your teeth as you normally would following a root canal.
- Do not bite or chew anything hard or crunchy until the permanent crown has been put on.
- Your temporary filling might move a bit – which is normal. If it does fall out, contact your Houston dentist at Midtown Dentistry asap.