PROTOCOL FOR RECEIVING AND CONFIRMING LABORATORY CASES
WE USE GOOGLE SHEETS LAB TRACKING FORM TO TRACK OUR LAB CASES.
Log into the form and you can track the lab cases and their pending situation. – you will need to have a midtown dentistry google account.
Receiving lab cases:
Who is responsible for this? – Assistant closing the day
- Lab boxes are delivered to the office and placed in the lab
- Head dental assistant is responsible for supervising the unpacking and inspection of lab cases
- Lab cases are labeled with the special lab sticky note and placed on the lab shelf under INCOMING
- Receiving person updates the Google Sheet
- We only use Google Sheets – We no longer use EXCEL spreadsheet
Confirming lab cases:
Who is responsible for this? – Administrative person closing the day
- EVERY DAY, the front desk person who has the closing duty is responsible for the lab cases of that day
- That person does not leave for the day unless they completed confirming lab cases, or speaks to a supervisor about them.
- The front desk person is responsible for contacting the patient and letting them know that “their RESTORATION has arrived and it is time to come for a visit”
- Contacting the patient must be done with a MINIMUM of two different methods: phone and e-mail. Adding text to the mix is also recommended but not mandatory.
- The front desk person notes on the sticky notes on the lab case their details- that they left a message and their signature.
Follow up and verification:
- Every week, our clinical director will follow-up and verify that the flow is working in each office.
- In cases where it did not work – the clinical director will pull the recordings of the phone calls and the e-mail logs to find out where the problem occurred.