Gum diseases can be avoided with a good daily oral care and regular teeth cleaning at your dentists Northwest Houston clinic. However, there’s no rule saying that you can’t take extra measures to keep your gums healthy.
There are tools available to make gum cleaning a lot easier and more effective. These are often available in dental stores or dental offices. If you have a hard time deciding about brands or type, ask your dentist for recommendations.
- Floss – Dental floss is easily available and does not cost much. It comes in many varieties – flavored or unflavored, narrow or wide, waxed or unwaxed. Go for waxed, wide, and flavored because this type enhances cleaning and flossing experience.
- Plastic or wood toothpicks – These are convenient tools to massage your gums and remove plaque without having to stop many activities like watching TV or reading a book. Have these with you and take care of your gums wherever and whenever.
- Gum stimulator – The rubber tip in the gum stimulator massages and stimulates gums.
- Tiny brush – Tiny brush is a handy tool especially for people who wear braces or have fixed bridges or dental implants. Works well too for those with wide spaces between teeth.
- Oral irrigator – A great device to dislodge food particles and plaque left after brushing and flossing. People who wear braces or old dental work will benefit from this rinsing tool as well as those who have sensitive teeth and gum diseases. An oral irrigator pushes water or solution below the gum line and penetrate gum pocket.