What Are the 7-Cosmetic Procedures that will Rock Your Smile?
The following are 7 common dental treatments that are routinely carried out and what they might do for you:
- Teeth Whitening – This practice was immediately a hit with celebrities because of the stunning results that can be achieved quickly and easily. Dull or drab looking teeth can be whitened by up to eight shades which immediately lights up the face and transforms the smile, making it amazingly attractive.
- Porcelain veneers – These are wafer thin layers of porcelain made to fit to the front teeth to change their color and/or shape. A Houston cosmetic dentistry treatment involving veneers on all the upper front teeth can create the most gorgeous perfect smile.
- Porcelain inlays – These are made to exactly fit teeth where necessary to replace damaged parts of a tooth. Instead of ugly amalgam fillings or rather obvious gold inlays you can have porcelain ones that actually blend in with your teeth and are virtually undetectable.
- Composite bonding – This is the direct application of tooth colored material to teeth in order to repair small chips or mask pits or flaws. The material matches the natural tooth color and is bonded by means of light-setting composite resins of different viscosities depending on circumstances.
- Dental implants – These are artificial teeth that can replace missing teeth and attach directly into the jaw bone. They are made from bio-compatible materials and once fixed, provide a long-lasting and aesthetic answer to the problem of missing teeth without the need for dentures.
- Bridges – Like implants bridges are concerned with replacing one or more missing teeth but use other natural teeth in the mouth as supports. Usually teeth need to be reduced and reshaped for a bridge, which looks like several crowns fixed together.
- Occlusal rehabilitation – This specialized branch of dentistry refers to diagnosing and treating problems of the jaw joints or due to teeth not meeting correctly together. Disharmony of teeth when closing the jaws can cause strain on the jaw joints and headaches or other symptoms. Loss of facial height can occur due to excessive wear or erosion of teeth and this may need to be restored by means of crowns, inlays, or onlays which can get back the lost vertical dimension and make you look younger again.
These are just some of the various ways in which a skilled cosmetic dentist can help you regain your smile and your youthful appearance, and if that is not worth knowing I don’t know what is!