Can Dentures cause Heart Disease?
To help reduce the risk of dentures and heart disease:
- Make sure you get your teeth cleaned in regular intervals. If you don’t you risk bacteria accumulating on your teeth.
- Remove your partial dentures at night. This way you can prevent bacteria build up.
- Some heart disease medications can increase your chances of having bleeding gums and gum infections.
- Talk with your doctor about what kind of medication you are taking for blood pressure. If your gums get inflamed because of your medication, your dentures may not fit like they should.
- Some medications for heart disease cause dry mouth. If you don’t have adequate saliva to neutralize plaque and wash away your food, you could could have more gum disease.
- Dry mouth is a big issue as it can weaken how your dentures stay put in you mouth.
- If your wear dentures, you have to have a healthy diet. Eating unhealthy foods can increase your chances of a heart attack or stroke.