Porcelain veneers are extremely thin, enamel-like shells which are meant to mask natural tooth surface imperfections. They are a form of cosmetic dental treatment and can transform your teeth entirely, changing their color, shape, size and length- giving you a completely new, perfect smile.
These shells placed on your teeth are made of porcelain, hence the name, which is actually a ceramic material. These shells are wafer-thin, comparable to a finger nail or a contact lens. The mixture of water with the raw ceramic material, creating a sticky, plastic nature, is molded into the ideal shape for your teeth. The hardened material is extremely tough and durable, in addition to matching natural substance entirely. The veneers are bonded onto the surface of teeth with the help of dental cements and bonding agents, making them durable and long-lasting.
BENEFITS PORCELAIN VENEERS HOUSTON
Discolored or worn teeth are easily taken care of with veneers, as are chipped or cracked teeth. In addition, veneers can also help to perfect minor flaws in the teeth such as crookedness, prominent front teeth, gaps or diastemas between teeth and slight alignment problems.
The veneers Houston offer many advantages over other cosmetic dental treatments, such as:
- They are completely natural looking and no one can distinguish whether you have them on your teeth or not.
- They are not as invasive as other dental treatments and can bring about beautiful, natural looking results.
- The gums are usually not irritated by the veneers, which are biocompatible, so post-treatment complications are rare.
- Veneers have the added advantage of being completely stain-resistant, so there need not be any worry of stains.
- Veneers can not only make crooked teeth appear straighter, they can also change the color of teeth. Dark, discolored teeth can be made to look pearly white.
- Veneers are minimally invasive to natural tooth substance in contrast to crowns, where extensive reshaping is required. They are also more durable as well as far more esthetically pleasing.
Veneers do pose a few disadvantages, such as:
- Veneers are highly durable, but should they break, they cannot be repaired and will need to be replaced.
- Veneers cannot be whitened once they are bonded onto the teeth, and they are stain resistant, so all whitening procedures need to be carried out prior to the veneer bonding.
- Veneers can be subject to breakage if exposed to excessive pressure upon the teeth such as from nail biting, chewing on hard, rough objects or grinding the teeth.
- Only those with who maintain adequate oral hygiene are good candidates for veneers, along with those with healthy enamel, healthy gums and no active tooth decay.
- Habits such as clenching or grinding the teeth can make veneers chip or crack under pressure.
Veneers offer an excellent cosmetic solution to improve the appearance of your teeth, allowing you to smile freely and confidently always!
Veneers Houston are an excellent option for those looking to get dazzling smiles and you must visit http://midtowndentistry.com/services/cosmetic-dentist/porcelain-veneers/ to get hold of information pertaining to treatment options available at the very best clinic in Houston.