Porcelain Crowns Make Your Teeth Sparkle
Ceramic crowns are caps for your teeth that are usually created out of porcelain. Your Midtown Dentistry dentist may suggest a crown to cover your tooth if it has been become damaged or when it has had so much decay that once the decay is moved, parts of the tooth had to be removed. Placing a crown n top of the damaged tooth helps it function again like your natural tooth.
ADVANTAGE OF AN ALL CERAMIC PORCELAIN CROWN
In the past, dental crowns had a substructure that was made out of metal. The problem with this is the often you would see this dark grey or black line along the gum where the metal would peek through. But there is now a new method for dental crowns that fixes this problem. The new all ceramic crowns have a ceramic core instead of a metal one. This means no more gray lines, plus the ceramic coloring is close to your tooth’s natural color.
Other advantages are:
- Creating a porcelain crown using computer technology allows your dentist to make a exact match of your tooth
- Porcelain crowns need less space so your dentist can save more of your natural tooth
- Porcelain crowns can be cut and done while you are in the dentist office
- Porcelain crowns tend not to damage the dentine of the tooth
- Done quickly as they don’t need to be sent out to a dental lab