IV and Oral Dental Sedation
- Anesthesia for dental procedures can range from mild sedation to general anesthesia.
- Most anesthesia of these types is given through an intravenous infusion that is started prior to the procedure.
- Your Midtown Dentistry dentist will mostly use IV sedation with an anesthesiologist. This provides the best result for thorough treatment.
- For smaller procedures we may use oral sedation, which means you’ll need to take a small pill before your treatment and by the time you awaken, it’s over and done with!
- Midtown Dentistry’s oral sedation is FDA approved and considered very safe.
- With both IV and oral sedation, you will have little or no memory of your dental treatment.
- With IV sedation you will be responsive, but not be aware. With oral sedation you will not be unconscious, but you will be in a very relaxed state similar to sleeping.
Conquering Dental Fear with Sedation Dentistry with an Expert Houston Sleep Dentist
- Houston sleep dentist Dr. Jonathan Penchas has over fifteen years experience in dental sedation.
- Dr. Penchas knows visiting your dentist in Houston does not have to be painful–or scary. That’s why we offer sedation dentistry or sleep dentistry.
- Nearly 30 percent of Americans are afraid of the dentist and avoid dental care at all costs, even when they are experiencing discomfort or pain. Thanks to sedation dentistry, and the skilled Houston sleep dentists at Midtown Dentistry, it doesn’t have to be that way.
Using twilight sleep (Sedation Dentistry) to Prevent Future Dental Problems
Avoiding the dentist can result in the deterioration of your dental health.
When the pain or discomfort becomes unbearable and you have no choice but to seek treatment, chances are you will require extensive restorative work. That means more expenses, more procedures and more time in the dental chair, which only furthers your fear.
Our expert dentists at Midtown Dentistry are experienced in providing sedation dentistry in Houston TX, which will allow you to be sedated just enough so that you are unaware of the treatment and are pain free.Whether we use General anesthetic or twilight sleep – we can find the solution to your needs.
Sedation dentistry is sometimes referred to as twilight sleep dentistry, relaxation dentistry or dental sedation. That’s because when sedated, you just feel relaxed.
So, if you have a fear of dentists, sensitive teeth, hate needles or have a bad gag reflex, ask your Houston sleep dentist about sedation during dentistry procedures.