After a Root Canal
You’ve made it through the hard part, and now it’s time to care for your mouth following your root canal. Here are tips to aid in the healing process:
- Do not eat or drink anything for 30 minutes after your procedure.
- Avoid touching or playing with the tooth using your tongue for the first 60 minutes following your root canal.
- You may feel minor discomfort in the tissues surrounding the tooth for 2-3 days. If necessary, take ibuprofen or acetaminophen to ease the pain.
- If you were prescribed medications, take them only as instructed.
- You can brush and floss your teeth as you normally would immediately after your root canal.
- Do not chew anything hard or crunchy until you’ve received your permanent crown.
- Your temporary filling might move slightly; this is normal. If it calls out, contact Midtown Dentistry immediately.